Sunday, October 5, 2008

St.George













We had such a fun weekend in St. George. My dad ran the marathon on Saturday, so we were lucky enough to go down and watch. I have always been proud of my dad but I don't ever think I have ever been so proud of him until Saturday. Seeing him cross that finish line was something that you cant understand until you see it. We stood in the pouring rain for over an hour waiting for him to finish and it was worth every second. He finished in 4 hours and 30 minutes and it rained the entire time. The wind was blowing so strong also. I could never in a million years imagine running a marathon in those conditions. He also said some people had to be treated for hypothermia.....NO THANKS. I am so proud of my dad! We saw some interesting things while we waited for him. We saw a couple cross the finish line and the guy got on his knee and proposed to his girlfriend! Its true! I couldn't believe it. Grandparents and Parents would have their children and grandchildren wait for them right before the finish line and run with them or carry them to the finish line. We saw grown men cross the finish line in tears and fall into the arms of the service men and women. It was pretty emotional. The second I saw my dad in the distance he had tears in his eyes and I immediately got all teary as well. It is such an inspiring thing to witness. I would recommend it to anyone. I cant wait for him to run another one and get to see it again. He keeps on trying to get me to run one with him. I wish I was a runner and could train to run one. It just seems so impossible to me. Maybe one day......We can all dream right???

4 comments:

Jessica said...

WOW! One day right?

Rachel said...

that is so sweet the things you wrote.. it made me get a bit teary just thinking about it. Are you surpised? haha.

Leslie said...

Your dad is amazing!

Jill said...

I was going to write, "Your dad is amazing!" but I see that Leslie already wrote that. So now I'll say "I second Leslie's comment," and I'll add, "I love looking at your blog. I get to have a little piece of Heather in my life whenever I open it up. It's heavenly."