Tuesday, June 17, 2008

5K Judges Fun Run


I will admit that I am not perfect nor am I anywhere near it! I like to do a few things every year that make me feel like I am a good person and one of these things is the Breast Cancer Judges Fun Run. My friend Andria has a client named Peter who puts this run on every year and this is the 11th year. His wife died of breast cancer and he puts this run together at the church he attends. Everyone is invited to attend and following the run there is an amazing pancake breakfast. Andria and I did it together last year and this year Annika, Canace, and Heidi all joined us. Oh and how could I forget....the dogs also came with them. Sweet Banjo and Neko!!! I really enjoyed the run this year. Its the least I can do for my mom who has suffered through this cancer twice. I love her so much and I am sooooo lucky and grateful to have her in my life. Thanks to the wonderful doctors and medicine that were provided to her she is still with us. I got pretty emotional at one point when my lungs really hurt and I stoped for a second and just said to myself....Heather, come on! Get yourself together, think of all the pain and suffering your mom went through and keep going. I look up to my mom so much and I hope she knows that. I don't tell her enough how grateful I am to still have her with me and my family. Cancer is such a horrible thing and I know that doing this run is helping find a cure to this terrible disease. I hope we can continue to love and pray for those family members and friends of ours who are suffering right now with any kind of cancer. I am truly blessed with great health and for this is am so grateful.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That is so sweet Heather. You have me in tears over here. What a genuion thing to do. Your mom IS amazing and so are you. What a great thing for you to do with your friends!

Nick said...

GIVER!